Re: gtkspell (was Re: Announcing: Project Ridley)

On 8/27/05, Chipzz <chipzz ulyssis org> wrote:
> I'm not a Gtk+ developer, but I think one of the criteria for being
> considered is: doesn't introduce a new library dependency, or maybe it
> can, if it really makes sense. Gtk+ depending on a spell checking
> library hardly makes sense, however.

I would envision a solution having two parts here:
- some framework in GtkEntry/GtkTextView to support spellchecking
- a module which makes use of the framework. The module could
  use Enchant, GtkSpell or any other spell-checking library
- the module could be loaded desktop-wide, by using the gtk-modules
  setting that was introduced for this purpose a while ago.

Maybe thats a totally wrong approach, I haven't thought too long
about it.

Matthias