Re: Engines development documentation.

On 1/17/06, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On 1/17/06, Alberto Ruiz <arc gulic org> wrote:
> > There is gtk-engines development documentation somwhere? I'm unable to
> > find it on gtk.org.
>
> The only thing I know of is Owens old writeup:
>
> http://www.gtk.org/~otaylor/gtk/2.0/theme-engines.html

Existing implementations too! :)

I found the xfce gtk2 engine pretty simple and informative, although
Clearlooks didn't look too complex after that either...

A reference implementation with all the autotools and scanner magic
done for you and stub draw functions which call the parent (ie.
default theme) would probably be cool to have. I just might create one
if I get the time...

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi