Re: Directfb Backend

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 11:50 -0600, Mike Emmel wrote:
> Hi all  I would like to integrate the directfb gtk back end into the
> main gtk tree. There is now enough interest in the project to ensure
> that it will be maintained for the foreseeable future.
>

> I just recently integrated the cairo directfb back end into the main
> cairo cvs so that's done.

Thanks for your effort with this.
Can you give a quick summary of the status of this work ?
- How complete is it compared to a) the suppported backends (X11/win32)
  and b) compared to the old framebuffer backend ?
- Is it good enough to run large applications with it, e.g. the Gimp ?
- What build requirements does it have ? Does it run everywhere where
  the old framebuffer backend would ?

Regards, Matthias