Re: GooCanvas 0.3

Le mardi 25 avril 2006 �1:02 +0100, Damon Chaplin a �it :
> I've put GooCanvas 0.3 (a GTK+ cairo canvas widget) up at:
>   http://www.dachaplin.dsl.pipex.com/goocanvas/
>
> This release adds pretty much all of my list of essential features:
>
>  o New GooCanvasPath item (similar to SVG path element).
>  o Accessibility support.
>  o Keyboard focus navigation.
>  o API documentation.
>  o Convenience functions for coordinate conversions.
>  o Smooth scrolling & zooming.
>  o Zoom-independent text layout.
>  o Render part or all of canvas to a cairo_t, for ps/pdf output.
>  o New "visibility" and "visibility-threshold" properties for items.
>  o New "pointer-events" property specifying which parts of items get
>    events (like SVG).
>
> It should be usable now. Though there will probably be a few bugs to
> iron out.
>
> The main thing I want to add now is an editable text item, like
> GtkTextView. Other than that it depends on what features people need.

I need such an item and am already working on one for GChemPaint (it
uses GnomeCanvas at the moment, but rendering use pango and cairo). The
editing capabilities are still limited and are tightly linked to the
needs of GChemPaint, so I don't know if it might be useful for others.

Cheers,
Jean