Re: Win32 - handling mainloop while showing modal comon controls

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Charles Reilly wrote:

> The idea seems sound, but I think you could maybe change it a bit so it
> would work for other common dialogs, without the need for a hook function.
>
> At the moment, you post the "GDK_WIN32_GOT_EVENTS" message to the print
> dialog and you use a print dialog hook function to catch the message and
> pump the gtk events.
>
> Instead, you could post the "GDK_WIN32_GOT_EVENTS" to an invisible gdk
> window and make the handling of "GDK_WIN32_GOT_EVENTS" part of the
> standard message processing for all gdk windows.
> gdk_win32_set_modal_dialog() would take a bool (since the particular
> window wouldn't matter), and you could drop the print hook function.
> Other common dialogs could easily take advantage of this.

Its easy to post this event to the hidden window, and to catch it in the
window process for gdk, but this isn't really getting us anywhere, as we
were already in the window process. The problem is that we can't really
call the gtk mainloop (gtk_main_iteration) from the gdk code, because gdk
doesn't link to gtk+. And we can't handle it in the gtk event handling
code, because that is never reached (this is the issue we're trying to
solve).

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an old-fashioned zombie sorceror haunted by an iconic dead American
confidante She's a provocative mute stripper from a different time and place.
They fight crime!