Pango kerning

Hey!
I'm having a problem that I suspect may have something to do with Pango.
Observe this screenshot: http://mavos.net/kerning.png

The image in the gray box is from fontforge's kerning pair editor and
the rest of the screenshot is from GIMP. Why doesn't the text in GIMP
use the kerning from the font? The same happens in Inkscape which also
uses Pango for text rendering. I thought Pango was supposed to take
kerning info from the font file. All my Hawaiis, Avenues and Teas look
ugly because of this.

/Martin