Re: undefined reference to __rpc_thread_destroy

On Sep 21, 2005, at 8:08 AM, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

while trying to crosscompile gtk2 (2.6.4) I've got some errors
on compiling the "timescale" executable:

libgthread-2.0.so: undefined reference to `__rpc_thread_destroy'
libgthread-2.0.so: undefined reference to `__res'
libgthread-2.0.so: undefined reference to `_h_errno'
libgthread-2.0.so: undefined reference to `_errno'

Linkers prepend a _ to symbols; not all show it. Thus, _errno is likely supposed to be errno, which is a global variable from libc (specifically, errno.h); however, in a threaded libc, errno is actually preprocessor macro that looks like this

  #define errno  (*__errno_location ())

This sounds like your linker is trying to find an actual "errno" symbol because the C compiler didn't see the proper preprocessor definition of errno at .c -> .o time.

Check the includes and see if errno.h is being included.

Does anyone have an idea what's the problem ?

A description of the platform and toolchain would be invaluable.

--
And then mama would throw the live crawdads in the boilin' water. And one day I decided I'd make my own crawdads. So I threw the crawdads in the pot, but without any water. It was just like makin' popcorn.
   - Ear-bending cellmate, "Raising Arizona"