Re: Distinguish column header from normal button

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 23:24 +0200, David Christian Berg wrote:
> Hey guys, hey reminic!
>
> > They all seem to do a check to see if the detail is "button" and if the
> > widget->parent is treeview or clist.
> >
> > This is the issue. If the details gets changed to "treeview-header-left"
> > then that check stops matching for older themes, and then they stop
> > working.
>
> Ok, let's face it. Most themes don't care, what where a button is drawn.
> The buttons in top of a list will still be GtkButtons, if you add a
> detail. I don't think they even _have_ a detail right now.

I havn't seen a theme in a long time that just rendered the normal
Button look, of course I have only been using mist, industrial and
clearlooks recently. Well, as well, the wimp theme.

> > I would love to see the "treeview-header-left" stuff personally, but
> > breaking all themes and apps attempting to use the current system sucks
> > bad too :(.
>
> Therefore I'm certain it won't break anything. I personally use the
> trick reminic mentioned since a long while with my eXperience theme.
> Since I use this trick quite often (buttons in the panel look different
> from buttons in dialogues etc....) I didn't bother so far. Still I
> personally like the approach of reminic, because it allows you too theme
> the ends of the header differently. This definitely would be an
> improvement.

You can already do that, if you look at the clearlooks source, they use
the API to get the column information, as in, which column it is, is it
the first, or middle, or last. So that information is already available
and usable today.

--Todd