Re: Sun's fopen() fd limit of 256

On 11/23/05, ANDREW PAPROCKI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN
<apaprocki bloomberg net> wrote:
> Is there any benefit to providing a full GLib fopen/fread/fwrite/etc API which
> provides its own implementation if the system implementation has an fd
> limitation? The configure script could detect this and enable it if necessary.

A related thing I've had problems with is LARGEFILE support on win32.
If you need to read()/seek()/truncate() a >2GB file you need to drop
down to the plain win32 API (unless there's a clever #define I've not
found).

Something like:

int g_seek( int fd, gint64 pos );
int g_ftruncate( int fd, gint64 pos );
gint64 g_read( int fd, void *buf, gint64 count );

Would be useful for me at least.

John