GtkTreeView

I have some performance issue using GtkTreeView.

I tried GTkTreeStore, I tried to write my own model,
to generate quickly the GtkTreePath, I have a maintain the index of each
node in the tree and update them each time I am adding or removing an
element.
Is there any possibility to avoid that ?
Is there any other tree view implementation on GTK/gnome side ?

I saw that evolution project used ETree and it looks like they don't
have the performance problem. Should I use that ?

Is there any other choice ?

--
DINH V. Hoa,

"mais tu es perspicace, on dirait Sammy dans Scooby-Doo"