Re: Global motion events

Owen Taylor wrote:
Rather then comment on the patch immediately, I thought I'd go back
and try to write up the problems we are trying to solve here in some
detail so I'd have them clear in my own mind.

						- Owen

Issues to solve

 2. The need to have windows to catch mouse events in itself
is a problem. It's a frequent GTK+ FAQ, GTK+ widgets like GtkLabel have complex logic for sometimes adding an event
    widget, and an artificial restriction is introduced for
    for drag sources and tooltips.

Why doesn't every widget have an X window?