Tag for the directfb backend

Because of popular demand I'm going to try and upgrade the
directfb/gdk backend to the latest CVS gtk/cairo releases.
Are the cvs repositories tagged reguarly or should I just make sure of my
timestamp when checking out. And is there any way to tell that a
gtk/cairo combo have be officially built together ?

What I need to be able to do is make sure I can tell people that want
to use the directfb/gdk backend is the version the need to checkout
from the gdk cvs. I maintian a working version of cairo but the
directfb backend is a patch on the main gtk cvs tree which can be
problematic.
If its tagged for daily snapshots thats fine just about anything will work.

Thanks
Mike