Re: I am trying to get a basic notebook going with gtk

On May 9, 2005, at 8:54 PM, ken guess wrote:

To try and udnerstand things better, ive tried creating a simple program for a notebook. As far as I can tell it should be working, but I see only an empty window.
[I can only hope Im doing this mailing list correctly]

wrong list.  you want gtk-app-devel-list.

oh, and you forgot to add the notebook to the window.

   notebook = gtk_notebook_new();
   gtk_notebook_set_tab_pos (GTK_NOTEBOOK (notebook), GTK_POS_TOP);

// if you don't add it to the window, it won't be shown, even if you call
    // gtk_widget_show() on it.
    gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), notebook);

   gtk_widget_show(notebook);

--
The door is locked. I tried to open it, but the lock is harder to pick than a broken nose.
  -- Sensei, on 'I, Ninja'