Re: Introducing "toggle references"

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Owen Taylor wrote:

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 10:15 +0200, Tim Janik wrote:

why is this not simply (GData*) (~flags & (gsize) *(datalist)) ?

OK, yes, these just got crudded up, the above should work. Well, except
that going back to our earlier discussion

~flags & (gsize) *(datalist)

*doesn't* work, because gsize might be wider than an int. It needs to be

~(gsize)(flags) & (gsize) *(datalist)

Right? Those unnecessary casts aren't *always* unnecessary :-)

right, you need to negate a type of at least size of gsize, so this is not an
unnecessary cast. but you had that right in your earlier patches and i
didn't say the cast for bit inversion should be omitted. (you caught me sloppy
on the above question though ;)

---
ciaoTJ