need help in communicating messages in a tooltip style

Hi,

 I am building an application with GTK+ and I want to
communicate messages to the user in the form of
tooltips which are independent of buttons ...
 I don't want my messages to be in a message box but I
want the message to show in a tooltip  which is
independent of the place where the action happened (I
want my messages to appear at the buttom right of the
screen).

 How can I do this.

Thank you very much
Peter