GTK - DISPLAY

Hi,
I have a query regarding GUI applications on Linux.

I have a daemon which needs to collect some user information, on a
particular event. It has some GTK based GUI (which is a simple
password collecting dialog). This daemon exposes some APIs, which
applications could use. For a particular API, I need to prompt for a
password from the daemon. I think, the best way would be to exec the
GUI. But I am not sure, where the GUI would appear, when there are
multiple desktops.
Could you give me some ideas on how this could be best implemented.

thanks!
Kala B.