Re: Introspection API

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 14:03 +0100, Christian M wrote:
> Any particular reason why not xml is used as primary source
>
> * xml -> header
> * xml -> metadata compiler -> binary metadata
>
> and use the header parsing program to migrate headers to xml?
> Custom stuff could be defined in a separate header file.

XML is a crappy programming language. It's just a lot more convenient to
write code as code.

esp. since for a fully-introspectable gtk we'll probably need to declare
certain functions as C-only convenience functions and add similar
functions that are introspectable but annoying to use from C.

That brings up an interesting point: in this case you probably want to
tweak the lang bindings a bit, e.g. take one example we already have of
g_signal_emit vs. g_signal_emitv(), in the binding you probably want to
use emitv() to implement a method called emit()

So you kind of want to say "name the bound method emit, but implement
with emitv"

Havoc