Re: inlining glib functions (Was: public barrier functions)

Seg, 2005-12-12 às 19:29 +0100, Balazs Scheidler escreveu:
[...]
> And while I am at it, would it be possible to change the atomic
> operations to inline functions? I'd think it is much better inline
> single-instruction functions as otherwise the call overhead is too
> great.

  I agree.  Also many other glib functions could be static inline in the
public header files.  For instance, many of the functions in glist.c and
gslist.c are really tiny, thus could easily be inlined, but aren't
because the compiler has no access to their implementation, only to
their prototype.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.