Pango renders in the wrong colours (endianness-bug)

When I uses a pango application, on an exported X display here
(i386 Linux X-client (running app) -->  MIPS SGI Irix X-Display)
the fonts colours are rendered wrong.

The Image appears to have a color cast, the sam colour cast is
also visbile on some versions of vnc, where the bug can be traced
to not correctly intepreting the X visual RGB mask spec, eg.
0xBBGGRR00 is interpreted as 0x00RRGGBB . The effect can be seen
in the following picture:-
http://www.sandman.uklinux.net/odds/vim-colourtest.png

You'll note as the above supposition would suggest that the foreground
text seems to have blue and green reversed and no red component.
Oddly though the background colour specification works fine, and
I noticeed in other applications  if the text is underlined the
underline is drawn with the 'correct' colour even though the
glyphs are rendered witht he mangled colour.

I've tried looking throught the pango and Gdk sources for this bug
but haven't been able to track it down. Any chance of some help?

TTFN
--
Roger. 	                        Home| http://www.sandman.uklinux.net/
Master of Peng Shui.      (Ancient oriental art of Penguin Arranging)