Re: goocanvas 0.2

Would there be any possibility that someone who knows OpenGL coding and GtkGLExt would make additions to this so it can be used with Cairo+glitz+GtkGLExt do use OpenGL for rendering the canvas?

I would be terribly great if someone did that, i'm stabbing at it myself but i'm almost no OpenGL coder anyway and there seem to be no real docs about glitz either :\

But having a canvas likes this that uses OpenGL for rendering would be fantastic. We're planning on creating a new skinning system for our application (BMPx - http://beep-media-player.org/ ), and Goocanvas+SVG widgets (PLUS eventually glitz+GtkGLExt) would be just the thing we'd need to realize.

Thanks so much for writing it!

Milosz

On 12/6/05, Travis Watkins <alleykat gmail com> wrote:
On 12/5/05, Damon Chaplin <damon karuna uklinux net> wrote:
> I've also read the SVG spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/), which is very
> interesting. I wonder if we'll want an SVG widget in GTK+ at some point,
> and if so, will we want a separate canvas as well? I guess it makes
> sense to try to use the same code for both, if possible.

If the major use of the current canvas is to make custom widgets I
think having an SVG widget would actually be incredibly useful because
then you could design your widget in inkscape.

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com