Re: g_slice_

> GStreamer uses GLib and is highly multi-threaded. These mempools were
> showing up high in my benchmarks when I was profiling GStreamer's
> overhead. Pushing this threadsafe pooling down to GLib gets it out of
> Gnumeric, evolution, gstreamer, etc. Maybe one day it can make it into
> glibc itself, who knows.

I'd just like to mention, that for the reasons I stated in my other reply, that if this functionality did indeed make it to the glibc level, the glib internals should still remain and simply wrap glibc if it is detected and use the glib version if not. Since we don't/can't use glibc, I wouldn't want to see this functionality disappear if it were supported in glibc. :)

Andrew Paprocki
Bloomberg LP