Re: Deprecate GdkGC?

I agree but it doesn't sound really easy as GtkStyle holds a number of GdkGCs for the style colors.

I am currently unaware of whether the style engines access them directly but i'd rather think they do, so this would require the style engines to 1) only use the GdkColors of the style and ("while we're at") 2) add an alpha value to GdkColor like the r/g/b ones already are (?)

Sounds like a long process of deprecation by policy, but i agree that GdkGCs don't make much sense anymore if at all.

Milosz