Re: Announcing: Project Ridley

> But being as part of the official library pack makes them be official,
> and avoid people using different solutions for the same problem.

That's the idea of being in the GNOME Development Platform. I don't see
how putting the whole platform in one tarball makes it much more official.

That's just an invitation to JDKesque quality problems due to lack of
modularity - meaning:
- you have to wait to release a bugfix because of a bug in another part of
the library that surfaced in the meantime, and
- you force people to suffer bugs in another part of the library when
releasing a bugfix for one part of the library.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com