Re: Announcing: Project Ridley
- From: Christopher James Lahey <clahey ximian com>
- To: Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>
- Cc: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>, gtk-devel-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Announcing: Project Ridley
- Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:29:47 -0400
On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 12:23 -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> writes:
> > what about libsoup/network library? Wouldn't it also make sense to move
> > it to a libgnet in glib?
> I don't know of any plans for this. I don't think networking makes a
> whole lot of sense in glib, and these libraries being separate is less
> harmful than the other libraries.
Except that having them separate makes it more likely for an app
developer to use the underlying system APIs which makes their app less
portable. If we put this in glib, we tell the ISVs to use this API
which will make their app more portable.
] [Thread Prev