Re[2]: Announcing: Project Ridley

> Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:

> >>Does this also mean that we can get rid of deprecated API like GtkTree,
> >>GtkCList or GtkFileSelector?
> >

> >   Maybe just moving deprecated widgets to a separate library, like
> > libgtk2.0-compat.la, would be a better solution?  We'd get well
> > maintained applications to avoid linking to this library, while at the
> > same time keeping it around for those apps that just need it and whose
> > authors are stuburn enough to not want to update.
> So let those apps depend on GTK+-2.x, like many depend on 1.2 now.
> Moving widgets to separate library will require some changes in related
> apps anyway.
>
> 	Olexiy

i suppose will be better - to make Ridley Project separated from
deprecated libraries (GTK+-2.x,1.2 ...), so
old apps will use deprecated libraries, new applications - new libraries.
if apps-developer want to porting apps from old libraries to new -
 he spend some time anyhow.
This is a "backward compatibility without backward compatibility".