Re: A question regarding gtk_clipboard_request_text

В Срд, 10/08/2005 в 14:57 +0800, Wang, Yong Y пишет:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding the function
> void gtk_clipboard_request_text (GtkClipboard *clipboard,
>
> GtkClipboardTextReceivedFunc callback,
>                                                 gpointer user_data);
>
> How long is the lifetime of the clipboard data we get via this
> function?
> Is it as long as the function call to GtkClipboardTextReceivedFunc?
>
> I wrote two test cases as below:

<snip>

> Is my understanding correct?

Yes, see

static void
request_text_received_func (GtkClipboard     *clipboard,
                            GtkSelectionData *selection_data,
                            gpointer          data)

in gtkclipboard.c there is string g_free (result).

the selection data is freed just after the exit of callback. It's better
to strdup it if you are planning to use this string later.