Re: building glib on win32

Jack Moffitt writes:
 > I'm having trouble building glib 2.6.4 on win32.

With Microsoft's compiler, presumably?

 >  * IsDebuggerPresent is only available in later versions of the windows
 >    API.  WINVER and/or __WIN32_WINNT need to be defined >= 0x0400 in
 >    order for this call to get declared.

Hmm, in what version of MSVC is __WIN32_WINNT less than 0x0400? That
API is after all present since Win98 and NT4. I wouldn't call those
Windows versions "late".

 >  * gmessages.c contains some calls to getpid() that aren't enclosing in
 >    #ifdef G_OS_WIN32

Just -Dgetpid=GetCurrentProcessID. This probably should be done in the
source file for Win32.

 > Once these are fixed, there are still issues.  The creation of glib.def
 > from glib.symbols fails.  I suspect the call to the preprocessor needs
 > -DALL_FILES and somehow needs to include gmacros.h.

Hmm, Hans hopefully can tell you more how he builds glib.def from
glib.symbols.

 > After hacking this to "work", one of the .exes build later fails to
 > build,

Please give details.

 > Has this been fixed in CVS?

Not as far as I can say.