Re: Introducing "toggle references"
- From: Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>, Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, java-gnome-hackers lists sourceforge net
- Subject: Re: Introducing "toggle references"
- Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:46:33 +0200
Dnia 29-04-2005, pią o godzinie 22:13 -0400, Owen Taylor napisał:
> > The basic question here is, how much can Java object do when its
> > reference count changes? If it can make sure that on refcount == 1
> > references to underlying GObject are made into toggle references, then
> > we can have proper cycle management scheme that will collect cycles when
> > possible, but not before.
> > Again, sorry if it's exactly your argument, but I just don't know that
> > and don't have time to do proper homework right now.
> Java doesn't even use reference counts for garbage collection... about
> all you can do in Java is get notification when an object has been
> garbage collected.
Oh, right. That kinda breaks my smart idea.
Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org>
] [Thread Prev