Re: [gnome-db] Introducing non blocking (asynchronous) functions in libgda

Vivien Malerba wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 13:15 +0000, DANIELLLANO wrote:
> > Is GdaThreader very Gda specific or is it general enough to be
> > included
> > in glib?
>
> It's not specific to libgda in any way as it uses only GLib features.
> However, it does not make your application thread-safe: if the other
> thread sends signals, or modify some variables, the signals treatment
> or the variables should be protected to be thread-safe. So it must be
> used with great care (as for any multi-threaded application).

I was already counting of that, so it's not a surprise to me.
The new thread should only be used to do the blocking function call at
most.

Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > Vivien Malerba wrote:
> > >
> > > All my work is open for comments/critics... The GdaThreader still
> > > needs some work, though to make it itself fully thread-safe and is not
> > > yet included in libgda's documentation.
> >
> > OK, just let us know when there's some of that code available as I think
> > this is very important not just only for gnome-db.
> >
> GdaThreader is already in CVS HEAD.

I'm blind ;-)
True, it's there:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/libgda/libgda/gda-threader.c?view=markup

It seems cool.
Any comments to have this code included directly in glib?
(It seems useful for lots of other glib applications)