Re: JPEG, PNG, and TIFF

Am 19.04.2005 um 00:17 schrieb Gowri Sharmi Kandasamy:

Currently  JPEG, PNG, and TIFF are required for compiling GTK+2.6 .
This is not true. Every single image format loader can be deselected
at compile time. Try ./configure --help or look at gdk-pixbuf/makefile.msc

Do we need those libraries for GTK runtime too ?
AFAIK the only format really required (even at compile time of
gdk-pixbuf following modules) is PNG, the GTK+ icon format.

 Do we need to ship those libraries with GTK2.6 binaries?
Is there a required list of libraries that needs to be shipped with GTK2.6 ?
Out of the reasons described at http://hans.breuer.org/gtk/build.html
I prefer to build Pango and gdk-pixbuf with included modules. In
short it mostly solves hassles caused by broken installations.

	Hans