Re: glib/gmessages.h on platforms without ISO/GNU varargs

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 10:49:41AM -0400, muppet wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2004, at 10:29 AM, Albert Chin wrote:
>
> >The Sun C compiler on Solaris 2.5.1 does not support ISO/GNU varargs.
> >Therefore, when <glib/gmessages.h> is pulled in from <glib.h>, it
> >forces the caller to link in -lglib for g_logv() because:
>
> the pure macro versions are just wrappers around g_log(), so even just
> using those requires linking with -lglib.

So if I have a program that only wants guint64 what do I do? BTW, I am
trying to build Ethereal 0.10.6 and the autoconf tests fail because it
uses guint64 from <glib.h> which forces the <glib/gmessages.h>
failure:
  g_logv                              conftest.o

I suppose instead of including <glib.h> I can include <glibconfig.h>
but that seems icky.

--
albert chin (china thewrittenword com)