Re: GTK Canvas

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 17:46 +0100, Jost Boekemeier wrote:

For example the next windows API uses a "retained
mode" for _all_ widgets and is able to do animations
on this level (the widgets pass down hints that
describe how the animation should work).

It should be possible to write a GTK canvas on top of
a retained mode cairo API (for example the cairo_shape
API), but that's not on my list at the moment.

 Oh, you're going to work on a cairo based canvas?  I had never heard
of anyone starting such a project, except maybe something inside the
criawips project...

jup, afaik, herzi is planning to do that for the criawips project and
i'm also interested in writing one for beast. i don't think there'd be
any merit in trying to maintain the GnomeCanvas' broken API though.

sven, is this still an active item on the criawips TODO?

Jost

---
ciaoTJ