Re: Adding full introspection information (#139486)

Dnia 06-11-2004, sob o godzinie 10:53 -0500, muppet napisał:
> > These are only convenience functionality in properly bindable APIs. The
> > language binding might need similar convenience glue that is hand-
> > written.
>
> in other words, you don't think that Maciej's goal of zero hand-written
> code in bindings (even for well-behaved APIs) is possible?
>
> i think it will suffer at the hands of the 90-10 rule; it will be quite
> easy to get 90% of the bindings done right and automatic, but that last
> 10%, mostly esoteric but some critical things, will be an albatross.

Oh, well, then we'll just include the 10% from already existing
bindings :). After all, that work has already been done, no big deal
here. What really matters is to have 100% of new code Just Work.

Cheers,
Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"