Re: possible off-by-one error in g_markup_parse_context_parse()

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Alan M. Evans wrote:

> I know that most mentions of valgrind on this list are just brushed
> aside, but reading unitialized memory isn't the same as the typical
> reports of leaking memory (which are merely annoying)...

I second the point.  It's tiresome when it becomes impossible to
valgrind one's own gtk/gnome app because valgrind bombs out on
(apparent) errors in the libraries one's linking against.  I'm not
sure on which side the problems lie, but it does seem that at least
some gtk and/or gnome libs are taking unwarranted liberties (gconf and
ORBit in particular?).

Allin Cottrell