Complex properties

Hi,
I'm making a widget that is instantiated like:

syntax_type syntax[]={
    {1,0,ID,    TOK_INT,    "ID",       G_TYPE_UINT},
    {0,0,',',','},
    {1,1,VENDOR,TOK_QSTR,   "Vendor",   G_TYPE_STRING},
    {0,0,',',','},
    {1,2,NAME,  TOK_QSTR,   "NAME",     G_TYPE_STRING},
}

GtkWidget *table=gtk_new_dbtab("data.txt",syntax);

I think i need to define a new syntax_type in the g_type
system, because the get/set() property functions in g_object
deal with GValue.

Should the type registration be done before the gtk_new_dbtab()
is called, or within the gtk_new_dbtab() call?

Is there an example of registering a complex g_type like
the syntax_type struct above?