Re: GIOChannels, GNet, GOIO

Mikhail Zabaluev <mhz altlinux org> writes:

> On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 04:22:21PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

[GOIO]

>> Thoughts?
>
> Thank you for your input and your interest in general.
> I certainly had in mind adding sockets to GOIO.
> As for GIOChannel, I doubt it's worth unifying it with
> GOIO because it's too limited and suited for modest
> requirements (i.e. no GObject).
>
> Async capabilities weren't at the top of my drawing board because I
> care mostly for pluggable polymorphic streams (as inspired by java.io
> and, in part, GStreamer). However, if they can be integrated without
> much hassle, fine.
>
> I'll take a look into your code in a day or two.
> Please keep me in touch.

I now added a wrapper for GIOChannel, dubbed GoioChannel that uses a
gross hack to achieve the GoioWatchable functionality. How about
getting a project account for goio on gna.org? They are quite quick in
processing requests (at least they were for guile-lib) and they offer
Arch hosting, which I prefer to CVS (I already have GOIO in my
archive (see [0]), branch goio--dev--0.

[0] http://yi.org/rotty/Software#gnuarch

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty ICQ      | 118634484 ICQ | a rottmann gmx at

Make free software, not war!