Why GNOME-TEST-TOOL?

Hi,

I'm reposting my query with a suitable subject to the post. I apologize
for my hurry the last time I posted my query.

Thanks,
Amit

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

From the source of GNOME-TEST-TOOL
(http://anoncvs.gnome.gr.jp/viewcvs.cgi/gnome-test-tool/src/), I found
that it uses the source of Gerd (http://www.gtk.org/~timj/gerd/) at
many places.

I tried using Gerd with applications that use Gtk+ 2.x and found
problems. I downloaded the source of Gerd, and tried to build against
the Gtk+ version 2.2.4, and found a lot of compilation problems. After
fixing the compilation problems, I'm experiencing some runtime problems
as well.

Does GNOME-TEST-TOOL work smoothly with applications that use GTK+-2.x?

Why did GNOME-TEST-TOOL developers write it? Since it seems to use
Gerd's source, did they also experience problems using Gerd to do
event-recording and playback with applications that use Gtk+-2.x?

I would be really grateful for any help in this regard!

TIA,
Amit

his message and any attachments.

--- End Message ---