Re: HIG Dialog widget proposal

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 16:07, ext Sven Neumann wrote:

> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig_new/windows-alert.html:
> >
> >         "Alerts do not appear in the system window list."
>
> We are aware that the HIG says that but you can hardly assume that
> everyone's using a HIG-compliant window manager. So it's definitely
> better to provide that info and simply not have it displayed on a WM
> that honors the HIG.

I think you mean EWMH.  I had the impression that adding workarounds for
non-compliant window managers is not really encouraged.  Also I don't
think there's any WM hint that would make the WM show an empty title
when an application sets it non-empty.  I could be wrong, though.

--
Tommi Komulainen <tommi komulainen nokia com>