Re: Option parser

On Sat, 2004-31-07 at 07:19 +0200, Daniel Brockman wrote:
> Ryan McDougall <NQG24419 nifty com> writes:
>
> > Excuse my ignorance, but wasn't GConf supposed to fix this kind of
> > thing? If you need to change a GUI app's options via command line
> > doesn't it make sense to use a CLI version of gconf-editor?
>
> What if you want to run multiple instances of the application
> simultaneously, with different sets of options?

So all per-instance options are CLI passable only, while GConf is all-
instance? That makes at least two classes of options. Is it not better
(at least from a purely conceptual point of view) to have all options
unified under GConf, with per-instance options accessible via some per-
instance-ID subgroup?

I hope this isn't off topic. It seems relevant to me.

Cheers,
Ryan