Re: GObject instantiation hopelessly overcomplicated??

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 16:56 +0200, Tim Janik wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, James M. Cape wrote:
>
> > Here's how the basic object creation sequence works:
> >
> > base_init() [only once]
> > allocate the class structure
> > class_init() [if it hasn't already been called for this class in this
> > hierarchy]
>
> i'm not sure what you mean with the "only once" for base_init(), and the
> "hasn't already been called for this class" regarding class_init() definitely
> sounds wrong. base_init() isn't called any less often than class_init (in fact
> it's called for the class for which class_init() is called *and* for all
> derived types). a more elaborate about the class creation process is at:
>
> 	http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/gobject-Type-Information.html#GClassInitFunc

Yeah, I got it backwards, I'm an idiot :-)

--
Peace,

    Jim Cape
    http://esco.mine.nu
    http://ignore-your.tv

    "If even one reporter had stood up during a pre-Iraq Bush press
     conference last year and shouted, `Bullshit!' it might have made a
     difference."
        -- Matt Taibbi, New York Press