accessibility question

hope this is the right place for asking questions about accessibility specifically accessibility using speech recognition with GTK+ based applications.

In their infinite wisdom, scansoft (current owners of NaturallySpeaking) have made it impossible to use their speech recognition package with anything but a limited set of window edit controls. Even Microsoft applications need special adapters in order to work with scansoft NaturallySpeaking.

I got to wondering (as my throbbing hands would let me do nothing else) if it would be possible to create a generalized interface for GTK+ libraries and automatically provide some degree of accessibility with NaturallySpeaking.

I am researching what it would take to do this from the NaturallySpeaking side. It will be wonderful if someone was interested enough to take this project on and create the code that is physically impossible for some of us to write.

---eric