Re: G_DEFINE_TYPE macros

On Jul 17, 2004, at 5:03 AM, Maciej Katafiasz wrote:

W liście z sob, 17-07-2004, godz. 23:22, Ryan McDougall pisze:
Why is parent_class declared static in the expansion? I don't think I've ever read where this is required or even a good idea.

because it's purely for the convenience of implementation code, there's no need to export that variable

specifically, it is used when chaining up to avoid needing to look up the parent class's class structure again, when it's rarely (if ever) going to change. (saves a couple of hash lookups and function calls.)

--
"it's hard to be eventful when you have this much style."
   - me, rationalizing yet another night of sitting at home.