Re: [patch] add G_GNUC_WARNUNCHECKED define

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 12:51:05PM +0200, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> G_CONST_RETURN is something entirely different from the
> proposed G_GNUC_WARNUNCHECKED. It would have saved me quite
> some time if the compiler had warned me that I forgot the
> store the result of g_list_append().

from the API of g_list_append()
"Note: The return value is the new start of the list, which may have
changed, so make sure you store the new value."

to me this one falls under the "g_realloc" category and I would then indeed
add G_GNUC_WARNUNCHECKED. to it. I guess the "may" and the global sideeffect
of this function are the key indicators...