Re: gtkmenu.c - attachment issues ...

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 18:17, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> 	So - the libbonoboui code relies pretty heavily on the
> gtk_container_get_children list (with some caveats) being in-sync with
> the visual list of widgets.
>
> 	There is a particularly pernicious bug in nautilus whereby your items
> and particularly / separators get horribly jumbled up. After some
> extremely time-consuming debugging this was found to be down to the new
> gtkmenu.c 'attachment' child properties which were getting pretty
> mangled; eg. walking the gtk_container_get_child list in order I was
> getting ~20 items with attach properties of ~30 or so, and a totally
> jumbled list.
>
> 	The attached patch shifts items down to fill voids created on removal -
> effectively the converse of the insertion process; this fixes all the
> nautilus problems I could see, and would appear to make some sense. I
> also eliminated one _container_get_child_properties in the equivalent
> insert at least to make it slightly more efficient.
>
> 	Comments or may I commit ?

Did anyone comment on this? Is it in bugzilla?
This bug causes some bad regressions in nautilus.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a globe-trotting amnesiac cowboy who must take medication to keep him
sane. She's an elegant junkie lawyer with a song in her heart and a spring in
her step. They fight crime!