#110528 (Re: glib patches)

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> there are a number of patches on the 2.4 API freeze milestone for GLib
> in bugzilla which are more or less blocking on feedback from you. It
> would be great if you could comment on these:

> 110528 collecting value arrays is inconvenient
>       you already agreed to adding a boxed type for null-terminated
>       string arrays, I'm mainly looking for naming advice here, since
>       "GStrv" is a bit ugly. Also, the bug contains a discussion
>       regarding generic array marshalling where a response from you
>       would be appreciated.

i agree in GStrv being a bit ugly. i'd actually have expected GstrV as the
'V' essentially stands for vector, but then the _-version would end up being
G_TYPE_STR_V which is just too nasty. other alternatives are G_TYPE_STRING_VECTOR
and the G_TYPE_STRING_ARRAY you used initially, but both don't convey the
ability to use g_str*v() functions on the string array, so we should go
with the GStrv of your last patch, i.e. please apply.

> Thanks,
>
> Matthias

---
ciaoTJ