Re: Re: [Usability] Suggestion for the actual UI of GTK+'s New FileSelector

God yes. When I am selecting an image file from ANY application, I often want some sort of thumbnail view for finding the right image amongst my digital camera photos.

I've needed this in the past couple of days, in fact. :)
me too. As 'extra features' go this one would be a real boost. Sometimes selecting things by filename is very awkward; RE: the 'file selector isn't Nautilus' point, well, yes, but OTOH if the file names aren't mnemonic enough or unambiguous enough, the alternative is switching between Nautilus windows and the file selector a lot more.

I would hope there's some middle ground here for thumbnail views, etc.

- Bill