RE: [gtkmm] problems drawing images ...

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 06:07, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> On Behalf Of �er Augusto
> > i need draw images created by a guchar buffer and i need set
> > the byte order ( LSB_FISRT or MSB_FIRST ), in gdk there are a
> > gdkimage struct where we can set this, but in gdkmm how can i
> > set this??? anybody have a example?
>
> GdkImage::byte_order field appears to be a private field:
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Images.html
> (I think that struct fields of Gobject classes are private unless the
> documentation says otherwise).
>
> If you can show me any documentation that says that people should set or get
> this field directly, or if a GTK+ developer says that you should, then I
> will add accessors in gtkmm 2.4.
>
> In the meantime, you can always use gobj() with gtkmm to get the underlying
> C instance.

The fields of GdkImage should be public and are needed to use GdkImage
effectively.

 - it wasn't a GObject in GTK+-1.2, and the /*< public >*/ wasn't added
   when it was converted
 - Other than parent_instance
 - *Read-only*, however. The chunk of memory pointed to by 'mem' can
   be written to, but nothing else canbechanged.

A bug, or simply adding the /*< public >*/ after parent_instance
would be appreciated.

I'm not sure that GdkImage is what the original poster is looking for,
creating a GdkPixbuf and using gdk_draw_pixbuf() is a whole lot easier;
GdkImage always must match the format of the target visual.