Re: FileChooser fixes

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 05:24, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> 1) The ~/Desktop directory is not translated

Oops, good point.

> 2) A GtkFilePath might not be on a GtkFileSystemVolume (it might be e.g.
> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/SOURCES). In this case we use the "topmost"
> reachable GtkFilePath as the root for folder mode.

Excellent.

> 3) Use gtk_file_chooser_set_current_folder instead of _uri to set the
> initial directory, since the uri gotten from g_filename_to_uri can be
> different than what the gnome-vfs backend gives. (And its less code
> anyway).

I need to finish reading the other long thread about
GtkFileSystemGnomeVFS, but there should be some way to make this uniform
across Glib and gnome-vfs.  The patch is fine, of course.

> -  /* FIXME: What is the Right Way of finding the desktop directory? */
> -
> -  name = g_build_filename (g_get_home_dir (), _("Desktop"), NULL);
> +  name = g_build_filename (g_get_home_dir (), "Desktop", NULL);

So is this *the* way to get the desktop directory, or is there some XDG
spec of which I'm not aware?

Thanks for the patch, go ahead and commit :)

  Federico