Re: Glade and themed icons

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 17:14 +0000, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add support for "GtkImage::icon_name" to Glade.
>
> Is there a list of standard icon names that I can use? Or should Glade
> just have a GtkEntry for entering an arbitrary icon name?

No, there is no standard list. You could use gtk_icon_theme_list_icons()
to create a list of icons which glade has access to, and then offer an
entry to allow specifying arbitrary icon names.

> I don't really understand why themed icons had to be separate from stock
> icons. It makes it more confusing for developers.

I think the reason is largely history, but stock icons and themed icons
do have slightly different features in gtk, e.g you can override stock
icons in rc files, and specify rtl variants. On the other hand, themed
icons can have e.g. attachment points.

Matthias