Re: Glade & new GTK+ 2.5.x features

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 20:36 +0000, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 20:16, Bill Haneman wrote:
> > Damon Chaplin wrote:

> > >Yes, it isn't ideal. But that's what we are currently doing for markup
> > >anyway.
> >
> > Yes, but the suggested changes in your email are IMO even uglier because
> > they put the escaped text in an attribute.  For in-line markup (what you
> > are doing now), escaping the chars makes sense, but for global markup
> > IMO it does not.
>
> OK, scratch that idea. I've thought of a better way:
>
>   <widget class="GtkLabel" id="label1">
>     <property name="label" font="bold,italic,x-large">label1</property>
>   </widget>
>
> I think that is fairly clean.
>
> Though I also like Owen's idea of a GtkWidget "font" property. But I
> think a PangoFontDescription only supports absolute sizes so we'd have a
> problem with the sizes like "x-large".

I'd take a patch to add relative sizes to PangoFontDescription ... (a
font size could have either an absolute size or a relative size, not
both. A relative size would mostly be used in
pango_font_description_merge().

Probably the hard part is figuring out the syntax for Pango font
description strings.

 Luxi Sans 150%
 Luxi Sans +1

Something along those lines would probably work.